Tsinghua University (THU), Organic Chemistry, Ph.D (2006-2011)
China Agricultural University (CAU), Applied Chemistry, B.S. (2002-2006)
Associate Professor, CIAC, Chinese-Academy of Science, 01/2015-present
Post-doctoral, University of South Carolina, USC, 08/2011-12/2014
Research Assistant, THU, 07/2011-08/2011
Self-assembly of natural products-based functional small molecules and polymers;
Preparation of soft materials based on natural products and aromatic chromophore amphiphiles, and their applications in biology.
1. Gao, Y.; Hao, J.; Wu, J.; Zhang, X.; Hu, J.* and Ju, Y.* Solvent-directed assembly of a pyridinium-tailored methyl oleanolate amphiphile: stepwise growth of microrods and nanofibers. Langmuir, 2016, 32, 1658-1692.
2. Wang, P.; Gao, M.; Zhou, L.; Wu, Z.; Hu, D.; Hu, J.* and Yang, S.* Synthesis and antibacterial activity of pyridinium-tailored aromatic amphiphiles. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2016, 26, 1136-1139.
3. Gao, Y.; Hao, J.; Wu, J.; Zhang, X.; Hu, J.* and Ju, Y.* Supramolecular helical nanofibers assembled from a pyridinium-functionalized methyl glycyrrhetate amphiphile. Nanoscale, 2015, 7, 13568-13575.
4. Zhang, X.; Gao, Y.; Lin, Y.; Hu, J.* and Ju, Y.* Photo-induced conversion from supramolecular to covalently linked polymers based on anthracene-appended amphiphiles. Polym. Chem., 2015, 6, 4162- 4166.
5. Gao, Y.; Li, Y.; Zhao, X.; Hu, J.* and Ju, Y.* First preparation of a triterpenoid-based supramolecular hydrogel in physiological phosphate buffered saline. RSC. Adv., 2015, 5. 102097-102100.
6. Wang, P.; Lin, Y.; Smith, M.; Feng, S.; Song, B.; Yang, S.* and Hu, J.* Host-guest interactions manipulated self-assembly of pyridinium-tailored naphthalene. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 11950-11953.
7. Hu, J.; Wang, P.; Zhao, X.; Lv, L.; Yang, S.; Song, B.* and Wang, Q.* Charge-transfer interactions for the fabrication of multifunctional viral nanoparticles. Chem. Commun., 2014, 50, 14125-14128.
8. Lu, J.; Liu, C.; Hu, J.* and Ju, Y.* Synthesis and micellar mimic properties of bile acid trimers. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2013, 23, 1302-1305.
9. Lu, W.; Tian, C.; Thogaripally, P.; Hu, J. and Wang, P.* Application of new photolabile protecting groups as photocleavable joints of block copolymers. Chem. Commun., 2013, 49, 9636-9638.
10. Hu, J.; Adogla, A. E.; Ju, Y.; Fan, D. and Wang, Q.* Copper-catalyzed ortho-acylation of phenols with aryl aldehydes and its application in one-step preparation of xanthones. Chem. Commun., 2012, 48, 11256-11258.
11. Hu, J.; Wu, J.; Lu, J. and Ju, Y.* A Dual-responsive macrocycle based on glycyrrhetinic acid. Tetrahedron Lett., 2012, 53, 6705-6709.
Honors and Awards
Eli Lilly Asia Outstanding Graduate Thesis Award, 2011
Dingye Meilin Scholarship, 2010
China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC) Scholarship, 2009
Outstanding Individuals in Summer Social Practice, 2008
Simcere Pharmaceuticals Scholarship, 2007
Reviving Pesticide Project (CPIA) Scholarship, 2006
DaBeiNong Scholarship, 2006
Minor Award with Excellent Academic Achievements, CAU, 2004
Second Prize with Science Base on Chemistry, CAU, 2004
Major Award with Excellent Academic Achievements, CAU, 2003